Thursday, August 27, 2009

Louis Trichardt... I mean Makhado... No wait... Louis Trichardt!

I must apologise for the lack of blogging, but I've not really been in the mood... So this is just a quick "I'm not dead yet" (Don't worry! I'm not planning to die on this trip but my eventual death is inevitable, hence the "yet").

I'm currently in Louis Trichardt, which was Makhado for a short while before officially changing back to being Louis Trichardt (though many of the local signage is as confused as I am). I am being accommodated by Carel, a local cyclist who found be on the road while training and I have had a fantastic 2 day rest (after not having a single rest day last week!) in the nature reserve and environmental education centre that he works at. I recently had a wonderful visit from some close friends (basically extended family) whose company did me a world of good!

Details and updates to follow soon... ish...

Also, check out the September issue of Go or Weg magazine, I'm on page 16!

2 comments:

  1. Phew! Man, you do go to ground, don't you! Glad its all going well, you have achieved so much Kyle, Claudia said she was in touch and I get posts from your Papa who is also so proud of your achievements! We'll talk soon, I think you're brave and wonderful, if a little goofed in the head, esp. the beard, was wondering if that was a salutation to Oom Schalk in the Groot Marico? LOL, L&K's, GP/xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! No, having a beard growing competition with a friend in Joburg! It was so good to speak to Claudia! Hope all is well! x

    ReplyDelete